Process GIS data captured by drones
Remotely sensed data has a new acquisition source.
Do you want to learn how the exploding field of UAVs is impacting GIS? It is projected that the UAV industry will sell over 800,000 commercial drones by 2021 with a 51% growth rate in sales over 5 years. Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) are quickly becoming the most popular data capture vehicle. In this course, you will learn how drone projects are planned, the specifications on aerial imagery and video, and how to process data for display in a GIS. This is a marketable skill that also may be the inspiration for developing your own startup application.
- UAV licensing requirements
- Flight plans
- Camera specifications
- Geocoding imagery and video
- Serving drone data through a map service
- Intelligence extraction
24 hours of online instructional time. All software included in our development sandbox.
- Option 1: Knowledge builder self paced video COMING SOON
- Option 2: Professional builder video and instructor led interactions. Eligible to earn Enterprise GIS Certificate
Ching Wei has 21 years experience in remote sensing. He has processed imagery along the continuum of satellite, aerial photos, LIDAR, and now drone platforms. He heads up a regional UVASI network and contributes to many drone data collection projects.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Professional network access
- Development sandbox
- GeoExpert webinars
Plus these exclusive features:
- Enterprise Certificate Course
- Live instructor interaction
- Multimedia portfolio creation
- One-on-one coaching
- Invite to LinkedIn group
- Connections to our partners
- Match with a recruiter
Plus CEU credits
- 2.4 continuing-ed units