Program a java dashboard for cultural resources
When a web application is sophisticated, Java programming is the common programming language.
Do you want to learn to be a high level web programmer? If you have some basic programming experience, you could learn to apply new technology to an old resource. Cultural resources are protected all around the country and consist of archaeological sites and historic properties. Before land development happens on government lands, site surveys are conducted to ensure these resources are protected. At the Federal and State levels, there are sophisticated databases that track volumes of information about these resources including spatial locations. In this course, you will learn to develop a spatial viewer using an ESRI ArcServer API representing historic properties and their attributes.
- Cultural site form input
- Prefield spatial queries
- Public data map services
- Create a historic property service
- Online spatial edit functions
24 hours of online instructional time. All software included in our development sandbox.
- Option 1: Knowledge builder self paced video COMING SOON
- Option 2: Professional builder video and instructor led interactions. Eligible to earn Enterprise GIS Certificate
Cliff Van Schekel has 13 years in experience supporting a variety of geospatial activities at the State level primarily with Department of Transportation. This includes construction, cultural, and IT departments. He has been relied on as a thought leader in developing permitting systems along many regulatory settings.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Professional network access
- Development sandbox
- GeoExpert webinars
Plus these exclusive features:
- Enterprise Certificate Course
- Live instructor interaction
- Multimedia portfolio creation
- One-on-one coaching
- Invite to LinkedIn group
- Connections to our partners
- Match with a recruiter
Plus CEU credits
- 2.4 continuing-ed units